Thanks for asking! materials, pricing information, etc...
ArtisticHomeowner.com is an online wall murals store.
We produce digitally printed interior wall décor products including wall murals, custom wall murals, and vinyl wall banners.
What kind of wallpaper do you use?
We sell three wallcoverings: Eco-friendly Prepasted Wallpaper, Deluxe Traditional Wallpaper, and Repositionable Fabric Wallpaper (Peel and Stick).
* Eco-friendly Prepasted Wallpaper– a nonwoven coated paper that comes pre-pasted with water activated adhesive. FSC certified, eco-friendly, Type 1, commercial grade wallpaper containing 10% post-consumer waste. PVC, VOC, and vinyl free. Has anti-mildew properties, so is ideal for gyms, bathrooms, and other areas that are exposed to moisture.
* Deluxe Traditional Wallpaper- is the most like the high end wallpaper that you'd find at a fine home improvement store. It has a smooth, flat finish. It is a latex saturated, wet-strength tear-resistant paper that is highly durable. Commercial grade, Type 1. Requires a pre-mixed clear adhesive (purchased separately).
* Repositionable Fabric Wallpaper (Peel and Stick) – has matte finish. Has the look and feel of engineered cotton, does not require an additional adhesive. The material has a low-tack adhesive that allows adherence to walls. It may be removed and re-adhered 3 to 4 times. Perfect for apartment living, or if your installation is only for a short term. Paper is commercial grade, Type 1. Note: walls should be painted with glossy, semi-gloss, or eggshell paint. Peel and stick wallpaper may not adhere optimally to flat or matte painted walls.
Wall banners are vinyl with a matte finish. For more information on wall banners, click here.
All of our wallpaper materials are rated Class A for smoke and flame spread, and may therefore be used in any interior space you choose.
How much do your different wall coverings cost?
* Eco-friendly Prepasted Wallpaper is $6 per square foot.
* Deluxe Traditional Wallpaper is $7 per square foot.
* Repositionable Fabric Wallpaper (Peel and Stick) is $8 per square foot.
* Wall Banners are $9 per square foot.
How are the custom wall murals made?
Our wallcoverings are produced on a digital printer that outputs at 720 dpi for maximum color consistency and tone, while also utilizing archival based inks that are water and UV light resistant. Therefore our products may be cleaned using a soft cloth and diluted, mild soap.
Your image is scaled to full size, and then produced in panels to create the full image. Our wallpaper panels are roughly 4 ½ feet wide by however tall your wall is, which cuts down on seeming. We provide an inch of bleed around the perimeter of the image to ensure enough material for coverage, and add 1-½ inches of overlap between panels for double cutting.
What is double cutting?
This refers to the type of wallpaper installation where one panel of wall mural is hung, and the next corresponding panel is overlapped over it (in our case 1 ½ inches). Then, a straight edge is applied and a blade cuts through both panels of mural at the same time. The strips of waste are removed, and you’re left with the most invisible seem possible.
How are the wall murals installed?
Our wall murals are installed just like mass produced wallpaper. We recommend a pre-mixed clear adhesive (any brand) that is usually sold at most home improvement stores.
Can you help me locate a wallpaper hanger?
Our most trusted way to refer you to a local wallpaper hanger is through the National Guild of Professional Paper Hangers, Inc. http://ngpp.org. Wallpaper installers who join the guild adhere to its strict policy of quality and professionalism.
What is your level of experience?
Our principles have not only strong backgrounds in wide format digital printing, but also fine arts backgrounds as well. As artists we are more than confident in our level of craftsmanship in creating custom wall murals, and are comfortable working with anyone from private homeowners to design professionals. Rest assured that our keen eye for composition and detail ensures the quality of our wallpaper is the highest in the industry.
How long does the order process take?
For custom printing jobs, from the time that we have final image approval as well as payment/shipping information, we’ll have your custom order out to FedEx within 3-5 business days. Orders placed through the website shopping cart will also be printed and processed to FedEX within 3-5 business days.
How long does it take to ship?
Depending on your location, FedEx will have your order delivered within 1-5 business days. Please call to make special arrangements for expedited shipping.
Note: The order process may take longer during United States holiday seasons. We offer rush services for guaranteed deliveries. Fees for a rush shipment are determined on a case to case basis.
How do I pay for your services?
You may pay securely through our shopping cart. For custom wall mural orders, you may order by calling us at toll free at 1.800.736.8925, and we will take your information over the phone. This is the standard method for any orders where you use your own image, or would simply prefer offline as opposed to online.
Note: When you leave us a voice mail, please be sure to speak your call back number slowly and clearly. We want to return every call!
Do you send installation instructions?
Yes. Along with your invoice, we email wallpaper mural installation instructions, double-cutting instructions, wall mural care instructions, as well as a link to find a local wallpaper hanger. We send this via email, prior to the arrival of your mural so that you can gather the necessary materials, prep your walls, and make arrangements with a wallpaper hanger, if you choose. Once your wall mural arrives, you are ready to go!
How do I use my own photo or design for a custom wall mural?
You can upload your photo here. Or you may send you photo to us via email: info@ArtisticHomeowner.com
Step 1: Always use your largest, uncompressed photo file. This will give the best results.
Step 2: We’ll review the image to make sure it is suitable for wall mural-size reproduction.
Step 3: We’ll email you the results of your image’s review. If it may be produced as a wall mural, we’ll provide you with pricing.
Step 4: Once you have reviewed our findings and pricing, call us with shipping/ payment information:
Step 5: Your order will be filled and shipped. Easy!
I like one of your mural images, but I need a different size. What should I do?
You can request a custom size of any image you choose on our website, but this may require that the image be cropped. If you opt for this, we will email a proof of the image at the size you need prior to printing. The proof will show any cropping and demonstrate the clarity of the mural at the size you need. We will not print until you have approved the proof.
I have other questions. How can I contact you?
There are several ways to contact us:
You may email us at info@ArtisticHomeowner.com
You may call us at 1.800.736.8925
Or you can use our convenient Contact Form.